Obviously, I’ve never been able to be consistent here. I always want to be, but all those extra ordinary and extraordinary life things seem to take up all my time and energy and writing falls by the wayside. So, I’m going to try starting small. One topic, one goal with an end date.
There is a whole back story here, and totally worth detailing at some point, but the short of it is that I have decided to run the Tobacco Road Half Marathon on Sunday March 17th, 2019 at 7 am. To hold my-self accountable, I’m going to commit to sharing my journey here. From today, that is 9 weeks. For 9 weeks, at least once a week, I am going to share my story, my history, my failures, my accomplishments, my why, my how. I’m going to make time.
And since we are more likely to achieve our goals if we write them down, here are 2 SMART goals:
SMART Goal – training for the Tobacco Road Half Marathon
- Specific – I am going to run the Tobacco Road Half Marathon on Sunday March 17, 2019 at 7 am
- Measurable – I will run 13.1 miles in 9 weeks
- Attainable – I will increase my long run mileage (to be done on Friday, Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather) by one mile a week. As of Saturday January 12, 2019 I was at 7 miles
- Reasonable – It is within my ability to increase my mileage by one mile a week
- Time Based – increase by one mile per week with race date of 3/17/19
SMART Goal – #MyRoadToTobaccoRoad
- Specific – I am going to write about training for the Tobacco Road Half Marathon
- Measurable – for 9 weeks, at least weekly, I will share my journey
- Attainable – I will plan to write on Sundays at a minimum
- Reasonable – writing weekly is doable
- Time Based – I will get up and write in the morning before the kids get up, training for the race will be 9 weeks
This is for me. Not for anyone else. I will not concern myself with what others think. What matters is what I think. I will not let my own thoughts derail me. This is my extra ordinary and at times extraordinary life, an I’m going to live it doing what I love.